Acceptance: Week 6


Each week since Aaron was born I’ve written a letter to him. This week I wanted to share it. 
.....
This week was hard for me as I packed up your room. I’ve had a hard time accepting you not being here but there is nothing I can do to change that you aren’t coming home with us. I shared with your dad a few weeks ago the struggle I was having with accepting how our future has changed. It is not right that you are no longer here with us. Yet I know you are rejoicing in heaven. 

I have to accept that I am not in control. I have to accept that all of our days have been numbered for longer than I can know. I have to accept that your days were numbered to 203. I have to accept that I don’t get to bring you home. That I won’t get to hold you anymore on this side of earth. I can’t do anything to change it. 

I am so thankful for the 29 weeks that God gave us you. I’m thankful that I got to meet you and hold you and tell you how much I love you. I still wish I could bring you home and watch you grow up. I wish that my plans hadn’t changed because that would mean you would be here. I love and miss you so much.


     For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  ~Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments