Life as I Know

When I first started this blog I had great things I wanted to write about. I never thought I would be using it to write about the loss of our first son, Aaron Samuel. I never imagined life would go this way. Yet through the trials we are going through I know that God is faithful and He has a greater plan.

Let me share a little of my story before I continue with where I am now. I am a young wife. I got married in January of 2016 to my husband. It has been seven years (almost to the day) since I started dating him. The main thing we had in common was our love for our Savior, Jesus Christ. He constantly encourages me to grow closer to the Lord. I'm so blessed to be able to call him my husband.

When we got married, we both knew that we wanted to wait a little bit before starting a family. We waited just over a year before we started trying to get pregnant. Over the time that we waited I realized how much I wanted to have children. We had friends have their babies in our time of waiting and the desire grew in me. When we did start trying I thought it would happen pretty quick. It wasn't until almost 10 months later that we got the positive test. That day was March 14, 2018. I will always remember being in shock that I got the two pink lines. I will always remember my A's reaction when I showed him the test... "That is your sister's right?" was all he said and then got totally excited when he found out it was for us.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly throughout the pregnancy until the day Aaron came. There wasn't one thing that had happened out of the normal for this pregnancy. 29 weeks of everything being okay. And then on September 1, 2018 at 2:39 AM, I went into labor. I knew it wasn't right and that I wouldn't be bringing my baby home when it happened, but I prayed I was wrong. Aaron was born at 5:06 and he fought to live. He held on long enough to have us meet our precious son and tell him how much we love him. Now he is with our Savior in heaven. He never had to experience the pain of this fallen world and instead only knows the love we have for him.

Life will never be the same. I will never get to have the "firsts" with my son that people around me are having. But I know that it is just a temporary separation, and one day I will be with my son again. I know that this life is temporary and I know that God has a plan bigger than I can imagine. In the waiting I can rest in His Word and continue to live for Him.

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. -Psalm 34:18

No comments